Image Map

Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Mommy Guilt

Now that I've started working full time again (Boooooooooo) I'm finding the mommy guilt creeping up constantly.  I finally started back at the gym after 18 months a brief hiatus this past week.  I guess I'm having a hard time justifying the extra time away from my boo.  It seems like all I do is work right now and when I'm not working I'm running errands, walking the dog, cleaning the house, or doing the 'left overs' from our recent move.

Let me clarify something...it's not really just the guilt.  When I'm gone I really miss the little guy.  I can't wait to come home and play with him, or even just watch him play and explore.  When I'm at work, I think about coming home all. day. long.  So while I do feel some guilt when I'm away from him, there's also this little problem that I miss him like crazy.

Being a working mom is hard.  I'm also sure that being a stay-at-home-mom is hard.  Being a parent comes with all sorts of challenges (luckily, some big rewards as well).  I guess that as parents we still have to remember to take some time for ourselves.  I'm hoping that by caring for myself as well, in the end it will make me a better wife and mommy.


I mean, just look at those cheeks...who wouldn't want to rush home to this everyday!!!!

Hubs, if you're reading this...hurry up and make us rich so I can work part time...I think that's a perfect compromise:)  Sigh, Some day.....



No comments:

Post a Comment