Image Map

Sunday, February 5, 2012

For those of you that LOVE pancakes....

I love Sundays...it's my favorite day of the week.  Hubby and I both work Saturdays and we have opposite weekdays off work, so Sundays are our only 'family' day.  Family day for us usually begins with a yummy breakfast followed by a long hike with our crazy pup.  This morning I made pancakes.

I think I've perfected the art of pancake making.....well, with a little help from this website.


Here is the recipe for those who are interested:

3/4 cup milk
2 tablespoons white vinegar
1 cup of flour (I usually do 1/2 whole wheat and 1/2 white)
2 tbs of white sugar
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 egg
2 tbs butter (melted)

1)Combine milk with vinegar and let sit for 5 minutes (*****This is the key to the fluffiness)
2)Combine all dry ingredients in a bowl
3)Whisk egg and butter into milk / vinegar combo
4)Combine dry ingredients with 'wet' ingredients
5)Cook until you can see bubbles forming at the top, then flip.

I usually add some chocolate chips, blueberries, or bananas just to spice it up a little.  The recipe doesn't call for vanilla but I usually throw a capful in the mix just to add some more flavor.

mmmmmmmmmmmm...Happy breakfast everyone!!!!!!!





1 comment:

  1. i love pancakes! husband loves them even more... i'm going to have to make these for him!

    ReplyDelete