Image Map

Thursday, January 16, 2014

Birth story

Once again I'm back from a very looooong hiatus...oops:)  So much has happened in the past few months that when I started this blog post I literally had no idea where to even begin....

So, I decided to start with the biggest change that's occurred recently....we are officially a family of 4.  Bennett George was born via repeat scheduled c-section on December 17, 2013.  In the unlikely event that someone's just popping by for the first time, here is a link to my previous birth story (warning... it's a doozy).  

Luckily, this time everything went fairly smoothly.  We had to be at the hospital 2 hours before the surgery so we arrived at 6am with the anticipation of having a baby by 8am.  Here I am the morning of my due date waiting anxiously to leave.  And the 2nd pic is of my ginormous belly while we were at the hospital (can you seriously believe the size of that thing???)


Everything really went off without a hitch.  Unlike last time, the spinal went in without any complications (and it was virtually pain free).  I felt a little nauseous at first but that passed fairly quickly.  And the best part about this birth was that I was actually AWAKE for this one (last time I had to be put under general anesthesia due to a complication with my spinal).

This time was a completely different experience...for starters I actually got to hear my baby cry for the first time, I saw my hubby hold him for the first time, I was able to hold him shortly after, I was there when the doctors shouted "it's a boy", and awake when they all said "holy crap, he's HUGE".

And he was HUGE....9lbs 13 ounces.  I'm not sure how a 5"2, 115lb lady can carry such a big kid, but clearly my belly has some stretching power.





Nathan has seriously been amazing with Bennett.  If I'm being completely honest, I thought he would be horrible.  Not because he isn't a great kid, just because he's so demanding with my time sometimes.  He's a complete mama's boy, and newborns take up A LOT of mamas time.  There's been virtually zero jealousy and he actually really likes "Baby Bennett" (as he calls him).


Love this little snarly face:)


First pic as a family of 4


Recovery has been pretty easy.  I'm now 4 weeks postpartum and feeling 100 percent back to normal.  Life as a family of 4 so far has been a breeze.  We've had my parents staying with us up until this week so they have been taking over chores and giving Nathan LOTS of attention (I'm pretty sure they never want to see another "Thomas train track" as long as they live...lol!!!).  And Bennett has been a fairly easy newborn.

Tomorrow Bennett is going to be 1 month old (you guys...seriously) and I'm hoping to do a first month update on the little guy:)


No comments:

Post a Comment