Image Map

Friday, September 16, 2011

Nathan turns 3 Months!!!!!

Where does the time go??  I can't believe my chubby  little boy is 3 months old already.  He really is an amazing baby; only cries when he's hungry or tired.  Here's a re-cap of how things are going so far:

Sleeping:  Since he's been 2-3 weeks old, Nathan has been giving us at least a 4-5 hour stretch at night and then another 3 hour stretch.  At 2 months old he started to give us 7-8 hour stretches consistently.  But now, at 3 months, let's just say he's regressing a little.  It looked like he was finally on the path to sleeping through the night only to go back to the 2-3 week stage.  Except now I think he's even worse.  Waking up at least 2-3 times at night.  Oh well, let's hope it's just the 3 month growth spurt.  He's never been a great napper either , but we're working on it.

Eating:  Nathan is exclusively breastfed, meaning he gets nothing except breast milk.  Breastfeeding is HARD at the beginning.  I thought about quitting so many times.  But mama's a stubborn girl and was determined keep with it.  Breastfeeding was something that was really important to me so I'm glad I stuck with it.  Now, I love it.  The bond you create with breastfeeding is unbelieveable.  Not to mention the health benefits.

Milestones:
-Can roll over from tummy to back
-Can stand on his own with a little assistance
-Starting to grab things (like my nose and hair...ouch!!!)
-TONS of smiles, and we've even heard a couple of little giggles (still waiting for more though).
-Sleeps and naps in his crib for a month now
-He's somewhere between 15 and 16lbs of cuteness

-Eyes are still a deep blue (I hope they never change)
-Favorite thing is that handsome baby in the mirror (hehe)
-Likes his playmat and even starting to like tummy time a little more
-Still addicted to his pacifier


We love you Nathan!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment