Image Map

Friday, October 14, 2011

Nanny Visits!!!

Sorry to my many followers that I've been MIA these past few weeks.  My mom (aka Nathan's Nanny) has been here visiting for the past 2 weeks.  She lives on the other side of the country so when she comes we try to soak up every second with her.

She's also been a BIG sleep-saver these past couple of weeks.  Nathan has been waking between 6 and 7:00am every morning so it's been nice to pass him over to her so we can sleep in an extra hour or two.  He's back to sleeping a little better lately (nighttime only...naps still suck) so that has also helped.  He's still not STTN but I am more than grateful that he's only waking up once to eat:)

Today is also Nanny's birthday so we're taking the family out to dinner and then Sunday we're going to the pumpkin patch!!  I'm so excited to take some pics!

So let's catch up on what's new with Nathan...

  • He's almost rolling from his back to belly.  He can get to his side and then hangs out for a bit, but then rolls to his back again.
  • He's completely rejecting his pacifier lately (eek).  He now will only take it for naps or at night, but even then won't take it if he's overtired.
  • He's had a BIG growth spurt over the last couple of weeks (I wonder if that's why his sleeping has been so bad lately??).  He's outgrown so much of his clothes lately.  Oh, and his feet can now touch the floor when he's in his jumperoo.
  • He's giggling more often now.  
  • He's still on a bit of a nursing strike.  To be honest, I've completely stopped trying to breastfeed during the day.  I'm exclusively pumping now and giving him bottles except for in the middle of the night and first thing in the morning.  We're both happier this way.  The only problem with this scenario is that I'm always just shy of what he actually eats during the day so we're supplementing one bottle with formula every night.  Let me preface by saying 'THERE IS NOTHING WRONG WITH FORMULA'.  I was 100% formula fed and I turned out fine.  But, I was initially very upset when we started this...I guess I had this idea of how things would be for his first year of life and I wanted to exclusively breast feed for the first year of his life (well except for solids at 6 months). But, I've accepted it and I am finally happy about it.  
Let me leave you with some pics of our cutie.....

My hubs is a HUGE Toronto Maple Leafs Fan

Here's N in his bumbo...


He loves watching tv....


hehe...so cute!!!!

Next tome I'll post pics of the pumpkin patch!!!!!!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment