Image Map

Monday, February 3, 2014

Favorites right now

I'm a major product junkie.  My husband keeps telling everyone that our top drawer in our bathroom looks like sephora.  And the sad part is, he's not completely exaggerating.  I'm by no means an expert in the area but I am a sucker for anything that promises to make me look better.

So, since I'm back on the blog-writing-train, I thought it would be fun to start posting about some products that I'm trying.



my favs




Naked 2 palette by Urban Decay:  Yes, you read that number right (#2 not #3).  I was a little hesitant to even buy this product.  It has a hefty price tag and I'm not a major eyeshadow gal.  Usually with any kind of palette I stick to 1 or 2 neutral colors and the rest barely will get touched.  But everyone kept raving about these particular sets so I thought I would give them a try.  I chose the 2 based on my skin tone and color preferences.  The #3 just looked a little too "rosy" for what I'm used to.  And this product does not disappoint.  I'm making an effort to try different combinations and get the most use out if as I can.  And I'm really in love.

EOS Lip balm:  This was actually a stocking stuffer that my husband gave me for xmas.  I can tell I'm wearing off on him because he actually picked it himself based on seeing this stuff around and other ladies using it (Yup, he's a keeper:!!!!)  I love the flavors and you can't beat the price tag!!!!

Ole Henriksen Oil:  I was kinda talked into this product by some lady at Sephora.  The truth was that I was a little hesitant to even try this product since I'm prone to hormonal breakouts each month.  However, she assured me that oils actually do the opposite and among other things will help with this issue.  I've been using this now for about a month and I've had multiple comments lately on how good my skin looks!!!!  I'm telling you, this stuff is amazing!!!!  Some of the reviews complain about the smell but I actually don't mind it all; in fact, I kinda like it!!!!  This one is going down as a new "cult favorite" for me.

Julep nailpolish:  I've only tried one color but so far I'm really liking this stuff.  It's fairly thick and the color lasts.  It's supposed to strengthen nails which is another major plus.  

Caudalie Beauty Elixir:  I bought this product because I've been reading a lot about it on some of my favorite beauty blogs.  Then when I saw it on Jillian Harris' blog I practically ran out to buy it (She was my favorite bachelorette and she's a total Canadian beauty).  I've been using it as a toner and as a finish once my make-up routine is done.  I also really like a mid-day spritz to freshen up my look.  I'm not sure if it's doing anything to my skin but I really like how refreshing it feels.

What's your fav???

No comments:

Post a Comment