Image Map

Monday, October 8, 2012

First Haircut

Recently we took Nathan to get his very first haircut.  His hair was getting super long (and curly) on the top and the back but the sides were looking quite sparse.  He was starting to develop a little baby mullet. 


So, we took him to a kid-specific hair salon where each station had it's own little car or truck set up to watch Dora (seriously, what is with this show and why is my son so obsessed?).  Anyways, it was such a cute little setup that I honestly thought he was going to love it.  Ummm, boy was I wrong...like really wrong.



Let me paint a picture for you....

The first 5 minutes went smoothly.  Lots of Dora watching and pointing and talking to mommy and daddy.  Lots of smiles and giggles and more Dora.  The lady snipped happily away (I know she was thinking my child was an angel).  But then................



Nathan got wind of something going on "back there" and decided to stop and take a look. Then the water works started, then the screaming commenced, and then the head shaking happened. Next thing I know he is screaming his head off and trying to escape his car.



Needless to say, the lady did the quickest haircut I've ever seen and we were left with long curly pieces mixed amongst the shorter ones.  Ummmm, "mommy no likey". 

But we all survived.  Nathan left without a permanent scar.  And, his hair looks less like a baby mullet and more like a baby layered bob.  Cute, no?







No comments:

Post a Comment